Blinded Veterans Association BVA Seeks Full-time Senior Accountant/Accounting Manager
Title of Position:
Full-time Senior Accountant/Accounting Manager
The Blinded Veterans Association is looking for an Accounting Professional who will fully support the Chief Financial Officer with accounting activities.
Education and Work Experience:
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field.
- 3-5 years years of work experience in the Accounting field
- General Ledger Maintenance
- Bank Account Reconciliations
- General Ledger Account Investigation and Analysis
- Research discrepancies, and reconciling items - prepare journal entries with accuracy
- Exercise of discretion and independent judgment with respect to **
- Month, Quarterly and Year-End Closing – Accurate preparation of journal entries
- Maintain schedule necessary to provide timely and accurate financial reports
- Establishing procedures where necessary
- Payroll and Payroll Tax Review, Analysis, and Reconciliation
- Assist with Audit and Tax filings, as necessary
- Administration work and other Accounting task, as needed
- Minimum 3-5 years of work experience in accurate preparation of Journal Entries, Bank Reconciliations, and General Ledger Account Analysis.
- Comprehensive knowledge in accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations.
- Proficient in Excel and other MS Office programs.
- Proficient in accounting software packages such as INTACCT, and Microsoft Dynamics SL is desired.
- Working knowledge in Non-Profit accounting, a plus.
- Strong time management, organizational, attention to detail, accuracy, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Independent worker and self-starter.
BVA and federal government background checks will be performed.
To be considered for this position, please submit resume and cover letter by email to:
BVA National Headquarters
Attention: Ms. Krissi Spence-Gilbert
125 N. West Street, 3rd Floor
Alexandria, VA 22314
The Blinded Veterans Association Is An Equal Opportunity Employer.