Blinded Veterans Association BVA Seeks National Service Officer Administrative Assistants (NSOAA)
TITLE OF POSITION:
National Service Officer Administrative Assistant. (NSOAA) FT
National FSP Director
The National Service Officer Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to National Service Officers in the preparation, presentation, and prosecution of claims for veterans' benefits.
Education and Work Experience:
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities Required:
- One or two years’ experience as administrative assistant preferred.
- Minimum high school diploma or its equivalent. Prefer 2 years secondary education (college or business school), etc.
The National Service Officer Administrative Assistant should have excellent written and oral communication skills. This includes correspondence and report writing capabilities. The NSOAA should have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
This position requires completion of NVLSP's Basic Training Course within two weeks of hire. A working knowledge of the Veterans Affairs healthcare structure, benefits from the VA for blinded veterans and federal, state and local resources that serve blinded veterans and the visually impaired population preferred. The NSOAA must have a working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook.
WORK STATION LOCATION:
- Completion of NVLSP's Basic Training Course within two weeks of hire.
- Acquire basic knowledge of VA laws, regulations, veterans’ programs, and services.
- Assist FSP Resource Center Staff by accessing the VA database to determine claim status if in question.
- Assists FSP Resource Center Staff with correspondence, expense accounts and other documents as requested.
- Ensure information In Paper Form, electronic records and Claims Management System is clear, accurate and up-to-date to ensure the quality of services provided by Resource Center staff.
- Reading support as requested by FSP Resource Center Staff.
- Provide membership updates on changes in Veterans address, phone and email addresses
- Maintains office supplies.
- Answer phone and/or return calls to persons when requested to do so.
- Assist with other official assignments as needed.
- Maintain additional training as required by the VA or BVA.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the National Field Service Program Director
This position is full time with benefits and is located at the BVA FSP Resource Center. Travel not required.
BVA and federal government background checks will be performed.
To be considered for this position, please submit resume and cover letter by email to:
BVA Field Service Resource Center
Attention: Mr. Edward Eckroth
National Director, Field Service Program
125 N. West Street, 3rd Floor
Alexandria, VA 22314
The Blinded Veterans Association Is An Equal Opportunity Employer.